Sunday, November 27, 2011

You've Got Mail

We are lucky enough to receive a package from Joe's parents about once a month.
They do a great job surprising us with the food/snacks we love and miss from home. Even better they always remember to add a little something special for each of us. They even add a little treat for Eddie!

This month our package came a few days before Thanksgiving. It has been a long month, we have been busy with school, the weather has changed and it is getting chilly and to top it off we have both been a bit homesick. So it was perfect when our co-workers, Krystal and Leah, came into my classroom after lunch to deliver our package from home.

I was naughty (surprise, surprise) and ripped right into the package without Joe. I had good intentions, I was going to take something from the package and surprise him with it. :) Within a few minutes of rummaging through the box I found a cute pair of U of O, Duck earrings. I put them on and skipped over to Joe's classroom. As I leaned into his room I played with my ear, acting like Vanna White. He immediately knew what I was up to and nearly knocked me over running out of his room and into
 mine.

It is shocking to me what Mom and Dad Randall can cram into that little box!



It is hard to tell from this picture so here is a quick run down...
  • ESPN Magazine
  • Make-shift Thanksgiving dinner fixings
    • stuffing
    • gravy x 3-4
    • instant potatoes x 3-4
    • green beans
    • black olives
    • the fixings for Joe's favorite Jello salad
      • orange Jello
      • marshmallows
      •  mandarin oranges
  • pumpkin bread
  • Cheetos
  • dog treats
    • bones
    • chicken jerky
    • a weird plastic toy that Eddie LOVES!
  • Booze!
  • Sun-Chips
  • Mike and Ike's
  • earrings
  • a cute blue dress
  • Advocare Spark (best energy boost before a workout or mid-day pick-me-up)
  • Reese's Peanut Butter Christmas Trees (yummy straight from the freezer!)
  • Starbucks Via (the BEST)
See a TON of stuff for that little box.

 We cut right into the pumpkin bread and made a cup of Via! It was a wonderful reminder of home!
We shared with our co-workers, everyone loved it!

Thank you a million times M and D! We love you, miss you and are very very thankful for the love you send over every month! xoxo Steph and Joe

1 comment:

  1. You guys are SO welcome! Dad and I LOVE putting the boxes together, and yes they are FULL of love!

    ReplyDelete